Tuesday, June 11, 2013

That Feeling When You Are Enjoying the Run and then It Suddenly Rains

I decided to run a five kilometer run a while ago. Everything seemed to be fine; the weather was great, my conditioning was perfect and I was bound to finish my target distance. One kilometer remaining, dark clouds suddenly appeared up in the sky and then what I couldn't imagine to happen minutes ago suddenly ensued: hard rain fell from up above.

The sweat that had filled my body was all of a sudden replaced by rain waters. And all I've longed for since then was to be able to reach home as quickly as I can (it was zero visibility during the peak of the rain).




It was frustrating at first, really. I've set a target but was not able to reach it because of an unavoidable circumstance. My clothes were wet, and my shoes were filled with water and were feeling heavy.

I felt relief was on its way when I saw that I was already nearing our house. I exerted one last effort to run as fast as I can for shelter.

After changing my clothes and toweling my wet body, I made some hot chocolate to soothe myself while watching the rain pour outside. The sound of the rain falling in the ground was great to the ear. It was like a consolation prize for a race that I was not able to finish. Suddenly, the feeling of frustration became a feeling of comfort and hope.

Although it rained that moment, I knew that tomorrow or some other day, the rain will stop and I will have another opportunity to run, to accomplish my goals.

The journey toward success should not stop when faced with certain roadblocks. It should always continue. Challenges should only serve as an inspiration to do better the next time.

This day, I was not able to finish my run. Tomorrow, I will definitely run again and finish.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment