Monday, March 26, 2012

An incredible journey: Biking in the rain

A while ago, I decided to bike from our home to Daang Hari. Although the sky is dark and it is pretty much apparent that an hour or two rain will fall, I still continued my journey.


Instead, of fearing the rain, I felt excited to once again experience the feeling of playing through drops of water, something that I haven't done since leaving childhood.

From creativecadenceaventuras


It took me more or less two-and-a-half hours to reach my destination, and there a feeling of fulfillment and joy filled my senses. Maybe, this is the effect of having your foot set in a new destination via bike instead of car, using your body's strength to get there.


Going home, it seems that my wish had come true--it rained. That actually made my journey much harder but happier. On the road, I came across fellow bikers who also had their suit wet due to the sudden rain.

From creativecadenceaventuras


The reaction that I've received from them actually inspired me to continue biking. Some of the bikers actually smiled on me, as if they are saying, "We are all crazy biking in a weather like this right?"

Truly, sometimes, we have to step out of the box and try doing something which we thought we could never do. I never thought that I can once again enjoy the rain that much. I actually thanked myself for being stubborn and not being afraid to try.

From creativecadenceaventuras

No comments:

Post a Comment