Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Condura Skyway Marathon 2012: Finding the Motivation to Run

The year 2012 is fast approaching and I'm looking for some ways to start a new beginning--a fresh start, physically, mentally, and spiritually. And I thought: what a better way to start the year than with a proper diet and exercise.So I decided to join the Condura Skyway Marathon 2012, Run for the Mangroves, to have a motivation to run.


From The Skyway Marathon


I chose to join the 21k race to give myself enough challenge. And as it seems, I received my wish. Because the distance is too much for me (I was 210lbs when I registered), I forced myself to wake up as early as 5am just to run. I also decided to become a semi-vegetarian for one month and even learned how to cook some vegetable recipes. I thought that if I can exercise regularly and eat nutritious foods, I can lose enough weight and build stamina.

From The Skyway Marathon


It is still thirty-eight days to go before the condura Skyway Marathon 2012, Run for the Mangroves begin. I'm sure that, if I can keep this attitude and discipline, I would be able not only to finish the race, but to develop a healthier lifestyle.


From The Skyway Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment