Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Biking Diaries: When I Decided to Bike Last Saturday

It was supposed to be just an ordinary Saturday. But it turned out to be an extraordinary day when I decided to put my gears on and ready my tools for a biking adventure.

From Biking Diaries


The challenge was to know whether I, as well as my bicycle, can survive more than three hours of travel from Dasmarinas to Victoria Avenue going to Laguna.

From Biking Diaries


From Aguinaldo Highway, I biked across Anabu Road to reach Salitran Road. Then, I took Jose Abad Santos Road going to Molino-Paliparan Road, and finally arrived on Daang-Hari Road.

From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


The later road, it seems, is biker-friendly. There are bike lines for bikers and motorists seem to respect that exclusive area.

When I reached the intersection along Daang-Hari Road, I decided to turn right to Daang Reyna Road and bike up to Victoria Ave.

From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


Already reaching my target destination, I finally decided to stop and take the route back home.

From Biking Diaries


The trip is fun, overall. Fellow bikers greeted me delightedly when I came across them, maybe because of the same passion we share for biking. I also saw great views and some funny road signs. I took time to take pictures of them.

From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


From Biking Diaries


When I returned home, I had a feeling of accomplishment. I'm happy that I have proper conditioning and that my bike setup is good enough to last the travel.

From Biking Diaries


No comments:

Post a Comment