Monday, May 6, 2013

Kettle bells: Welcoming a new addition to my fitness equipment

Variation is one of the key elements of a successful exercise program. Imagine doing the same drill over and over again each day, and I wonder if you’ll last doing it for two months or so.




In my own program, I try to make use of different exercises to keep my momentum going on each week. For Monday to Friday, I usually alternate between jumping ropes, weight lifting, and Pilates for cardio and strength. For weekends, I take time to run or go biking.

While thinking of a new program to add up to my existing “mix,” I came across an article in the Internet featuring the equipment named kettle bells. They are described as a full body workout that increases muscle strength as well as cardiovascular endurance. “Now that’s something worth trying for,” I told myself.

It didn’t take long for me to consider buying a pair of kettle bells. For the price of 1,000 pesos each, their potential benefit is worth the investment.

I tried implementing the kettle bells to my workout session for a week, and I can say that their effect on my body is amazing. I feel muscle sores from my shoulders to my legs the next day after the workout, and I also feel light and strong.

Kettle bell exercises can be easily learned through the Internet. There are several sites offering free instructions, and following the drills are easy enough for everyone to memorize and be familiar with.

I guess I’ll be incorporating kettle bells in my program for quite a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment